Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter Wonderland + Winter Olympics

I can't think of a better way to kick off the 2014 Winter Olympics than with a winter wonderland of our own!  Watching the snow fall and stick yesterday was so exciting!  Something about snow makes me giddy, possibly because we don't get much here in the Portland area.  So when we do… I love it and was more than excited to see Hudson's experience.


We kicked off our fun by bringing the outdoors in. Hudson was hesitant of the snow at first, then I handed him a little and he giggled. :) He spent the next 15 minutes exploring the snow; mostly eating the fluffy, cold, white stuff!


Around 9am (yes, that early) we bundled up in multiple layers and were ready to brave the cold and snow.


Watching him walk was quite comical. I was impressed with how well he did. Even when he fell, he worked hard to get up and keep going.


Hudson spotted a dog and was very eager to say hi. He even made what I think was his version of a dog bark over and over until the dog came up to us. After the dog walked away, Hudson continued to "bark" in the dogs direction. :) 


He's definitely in an "I'll do it myself" or "I'll ask (shout) for help on my terms" stage.  He knows what he wants! But my strong willed boy is so loving and affectionate too. He always knows when a hug or kiss is needed.










Accidental downward dog into… a face plant. He fell many times in the 25 minutes we were out there. None fazed him until the last face plant. :( 




Overall, he had a great time and if it wasn't so cold we probably would have stayed out longer. One thing was in order to warm up from our time in the snow, Hudson's favorite… a warm bubble bath! 





No comments:

Post a Comment